Funding and Finance

Financial Support for Higher Education

As a full-time or part-time student you can apply for a loan to cover your tuition fees.

Full-time and part-time students applying for a Higher Education course starting do not have to pay their tuition fees in advance. If you are eligible, your fees will be automatically paid to the College by the Student Loans Company

Tuition Fees

Course Type Full-time Part-time
BA (Hons) programmes £7,995 £3,995
Foundation Degree programmes £6,995 £3,600
BA (Hons) Top Up programmes £7,995 £3,995
Higher National Certificates £6,995 £3,600
Higher National Diplomas £6,995 £3,600
Initial Teacher Training £7,995 £3,995

Maintenance loans

You may also be eligible for a loan to help cover the cost of living as a student. You may have to give details of your household income when you apply as this can affect the amount you are given. This loan is paid directly to you in three installments, which you will have to pay back after you finish studying. Student Finance England have produced a step-by-step guide to help you through your student finance journey. Visit for more information.


You only make loan repayments once you have left your course and your annual income is over £25,000 a year. The amount you repay will depend on your income, not what you have borrowed. The table below gives some further examples of what your repayment might be.

Income each year before tax Monthly income before tax Approximate monthly repayment
£25,000 £2,083 £0
£27,000 £2,250 £15
£30,500 £2,500 £38
£35,000 £2,916 £75
£40,000 £3,333 £113
£45,000 £3,750 £150

Childcare Expenses and Council Tax Exemption

Help with childcare costs

If you need assistance with the cost of childcare while you are at College, you may be eligible for help by applying through the Learner Support Fund or the Advanced Learning Loan Bursary.

Awards will be made to eligible students based on income levels in the household and using an Ofsted registered childcare provider to help with the costs whilst on the course.

Council tax exemption

Any full time student aged 18 and over can also apply for Council Tax Exemption from their Local Authority. Council Tax Exemption Certificates are available from the Enrolment Booths within Student Services.

Support with Funding and Finance for Higher Education

Our Higher Education tuition fees are lower than most UK universities’ fees and represent great value for money. We also offer extra financial support through bursaries and other funds.

Scholarship Awards

The College offers a limited number of Scholarship Awards made up of a cash grant of £1000 for first year full time students and £500 cash grant for first year part time students. The awards are paid in February and May. Students are eligible if their household income up to £25,000 and have to demonstrate a commitment to study through attendance and engagement with study.

Am I eligible for funding?

Funding is available to students on lower incomes to help meet costs associated with their course and coming to college, with several different options available, depending on the type and level of study.

Remember, our Student Financial Support Team is ready and waiting to help with information, advice and support on a range of fees and finance issues related to your study.

Find out more about student finance by visiting Student Finance England