A Momentous Occasion
Each year hundreds of our students attend the Higher Education Graduation, a ceremony that exhibits the talent, dedication and innovation of students across all aspects of life.
Whilst recognising the passion and determination our students display to progress in their subject areas, the Higher Education Graduation demonstrates the College’s aptitude to delivering the highest quality education in Greater Manchester.
As the most significant celebration in the academic year, the Higher Education Graduation Awards are held in the iconic Manchester Cathedral, a setting that exemplifies the momentous occasion of becoming a Higher Education graduate. As student achievements are recognised and celebrated we also welcome back past students and a number of esteemed guests to impart their experiences and advice to graduands. Our graduates have followed their academic ambitions and achieved success as teachers, nurses, illustrators and entrepreneurs, using the knowledge, skills and qualifications they have gained with us.
As a part of the graduation ceremonies we invite a notable guest to deliver a keynote speech to students. These guests include past students, celebrities or local influential characters. In the past we have been delighted to be joined by:
- Paul Highton – Ex-Salford City Reds Rugby Player, BBC Commentator and Member of the GB Rugby League Academy
- Steven Swanborough - Former student and current graphic designer for EA Sports
- Gary Neville - English football coach and former player, also co-owner of Salford City Football Club.
- Chelsea Norris - Radio Presenter and Charitable foundation organiser
- Carly Tate - UK Paralympian in the 2016 Rio Olympics and Silver medalist
- Nick Entwistle – Former Art & Design Student and Creative Director of Trunk and Founder of One Minute Briefs and the Bank of Creativity.
Registration for Graduation 2020
Registration for the Graduation Ceremony 2020 will open closer to the date. Students will receive an email when the submission is live.