Examination Information for Students
GCSE Maths and English
Please refer back to this page for any further updates.
GCSE Exams Summer 2023
Friday 19th May 2023 – GCSE Maths Paper 1 (Non-Calculator)
Monday 5th June 2023 – GCSE English Language Paper 1
Wednesday 7th June 2023 – GCSE Maths Paper 2 (Calculator)
Monday 12th June 2023 – GCSE English Language Paper 2
Wednesday 14th June 2023 – GCSE Maths Paper 3 (Calculator)
Altrincham Exams 2023
GOVERNMENT AND THE PROTECTIVE
FITNESS TRAINING AND PROGRAMMING
DEVELOPING A MARKETING CAMPAIGN
DEVELOPING A MARKETING CAMPAIGN
PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
BEHAVIOUR AND DISCIPLINE IN THE UNIF
INVESTIGATING BUSINESS IN SPORT & TH
PERSONAL AND BUSINESS FINANCE
APPLYING THE LAW
DEV & PROVISION OF SPORT & PHYSICAL
PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT
BUSINESS DECISION MAKING
Stretford Exams 2023
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SYSTEMS
PRINCIPLES OF MARKETING
On the day of the exam
You need to arrive at the main reception on the day of the exam, there you will find the location of your exam on the noticeboard.
Please arrive no later than 8:30am, so that you may find your examination room.
Please note, in order to have the best chance of achieving a high grade, you must attend all papers.
From everyone at Trafford college Group we would like to wish you the best of luck with your exams.
Water bottles must have the labels removed.
No watches are to be worn – there will be clocks visible in each venue.
Only clear pencil cases are allowed in the exam room.
Candidates cannot use correcting fluid must not be used in exams.
No mobiles phones, watches, laptops or any other storage devices allowed with you at your exam seat. Any candidate found with one of these devices will be reported to the Exam Board and you may be disqualified from the exam.
Bags and coats will be left at the back or side of exam rooms– please do not have valuable items in them; any such items are brought at your own risk.
Candidates do not leave the exam room until the exam has finished
If you require the use of the bathroom, just put your hand up, do not attempt to leave the room on your own.
ARRIVE ON TIME, OR EVEN EARLY.
FINDING YOUR EXAM ROOM
Exams can take place anywhere in college, You can view your timetable and room details on proportal. Please do not assume all your exams will be in the same location or that everyone sitting the same exam will be in the same place – CHECK where you should be!
HELP US TO HELP YOU
We understand controlled assessments are new to very many of our students, however, you must ALWAYS follow the instructions given by the supervisor or invigilator and make sure you read the instructions on the question paper very carefully. Any failure to do so could result in a disqualification.
You are subject to exam regulations from the minute you enter the exam room until after all the papers have been collected and you have left the exam room so there should be no talking during this time. Please remember, as you leave your exam, that other students may still be working so leave as quietly as possible.
Top Tips for Exams Day
- BE PREPARED!
- ATTEND SITE WITH THE CORRECT EQUIPMENT
- STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHIC ID – You MUST have an in-date photographic ID – your college student card. You must put this on your exam desk as you arrive – if we cannot verify your identity, you may not be able to sit your exam. It is your responsibility to ensure you have this with you.
- ALWAYS HAVE A BLACK PEN (OR TWO) – The exam boards state that all exams must be completed in black pen, except for drawings, this is to make them easier to scan for marking purposes.
- KNOW YOUR EXAMS TIMETABLE – you can view your timetable on Proportal, click here to access Proportal
- KNOW YOUR CANDIDATE NUMBER – this will be printed on your desk card – please ensure you bring this with you to each examination.
- KNOW THE RULES – The JCQ ‘Information for Candidates’ is available in the useful documents section below. Make sure you read this document carefully as any breach of the regulations is taken very seriously by the Exams Office & the Exam Board and can lead to disqualification from all your examinations.
Need to get in touch?
If you have any exam queries, please email the Exams Department on email address below, and put the site you usually attend in the subject to enable a speedy response:
- Exam dates are set by the Exam Boards and are published on their websites once the dates are finalised.
- You can view your timetable on Proportal
- Deadlines for submission of coursework and dates for practical, performance, oral and on-screen exams are issued by tutors.
This depends on which site you are studying at. For all sites except Marple you must be at your exam room at 09:15 for morning (AM) exams and 13:15 for afternoon (PM) exams.
Marple students are expected at their exam room at 8:45 for morning (AM) exams and 12:45 for afternoon (PM) exams.
Allow plenty of time to get to college; you must be at your exam room at the times specified above. If you are held up due to traffic chaos, trains delayed etc. Contact college immediately via our exams office phone number below:
Altrincham phone number – 07951947590
Stretford number – 07966185125
Before an exam – exam dates are set by Exams boards – A Level/GCSE/BTEC and the dates cannot be rearranged. If you are feeling unwell and are unable to attend your exam you should contact the college as soon as possible at email@example.com .
During the exam – If you feel ill and need to leave the exam room you must inform the invigilator as you must always remain supervised during the exam. If you feel your performance in an exam was affected because you were unwell, you must inform the exam’s office and we will follow up with you and the exam board.
The Exams Office is open following the release of results to help with any queries you have about your results. Details of Post Results services (e.g., copies of scripts, reviews of marking, etc.) and charges can be found at your exams office. If you have UCAS queries you can contact Student Services.