The aims of the course are
• To introduce floristry with the specific focus to spring floral displays
• To encourage safe and efficient working practices.
Topics will include:
• Care and conditioning of flowers
• Principles and elements of design
• Constructing a range of designs in floral foam
• Basic techniques for wiring and taping flowers and foliage
• Designing and making a buttonhole.
For the first week of the course the flowers will be provided. For the next 5 weeks after that you will need to buy your own flowers. Your tutor will let you know each week what you need to bring. Sundries such as foam, wire and tape may be purchased from the college.
if you have a sharp pair of scissors please bring these along with you to class.
This taster course can lead onto other floristry intro courses
This is an essentially practical course with no formal assessment. Learners will receive constructive verbal feedback each week and will be encouraged to keep a photographic record of their work.
The Tuition fee for this course is £100.00
You may be eligible for a full fee remission if you are in receipt of certain benefits or earning less than £20,888 per annum (if residing within Greater Manchester)
10:30am - 1:00pm