To make an appointment call 0161 886 7106
ACS Gas Assessment
Undertaking your ACS at Trafford College is more about assessment than it is about learning.
What is the ACS Gas Assessment?
Most individuals undertaking our ACS will be doing so for the first time, having undertaken a comprehensive programme of learning and work placement. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
The Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) is the industry recognised route for gas operatives to gain the certificate of competence needed to become a member of the Gas Safe Register. ACS covers all areas of gas work including domestic natural gas, LPG, commercial heating, commercial catering, commercial laundry, meter installation and emergency service provision.
In order to work legally and safely, all gas operatives must:
- Have undertaken suitable ACS gas courses
- Hold a valid ACS certificate of competence
- Be registered with the Gas Safe Register
Do I need to re-assess?
Gas operatives will receive the ACS certificate of competence needed to join the Gas Safe Register – this is valid for five years. Reassessment can take place any time in the six months prior to expiry. It is down to the operative to ensure they are re-assessed during this time.
Failure to hold current evidence of competence will result in suspension or removal from the Gas Safe Register, so it is essential to keep your ACS qualifications up to date.
- ACS Industrial Gas Assessment: ACS Industrial Gas Assessment Outline & Costs
- ACS Domestic Gas Assessment: Acs Domestic Assessment Outline & Costs
- ACS Domestic Gas Reassessment: ACS Domestic Reassessment Outline & Costs
- LPG, Unvented Hot Water, Water Regulations, Legionella: ACS Assessment Ouline & Costs