Supported Internship Open Event
Monday 25th March, 6.00pm - 7.00pm
The Boardroom at Trafford General Hospital, Monday 25th March, 6.00pm - 7.00pm
Do you or someone you know have a learning disability or EHCP (Education, Health and Care Plan) and would like a paid job?
We're holding an Open Event at Trafford General Hospital for people aged between 18 - 24 to achieve sustainable paid employment by equipping them with the skills they need for work, through learning in the workplace.
What is a Supported Internship?
Supported internships are unpaid, and last for a minimum of six months. Wherever possible, they support the young person to move into paid employment at the end of the programme. Alongside their time at the employer, young people complete a personalised study programme which includes the chance to study for relevant substantial qualifications, if appropriate, and English and maths.
- 4 day a week programme between 9.00am - 3.30pm
- for people aged between 18 -24
- go on work placements and develop work skills in hope to finish with a paid job
- City and Guilds Entry 3 personal progression through employment qualification
- Travel independently or if unable, become travel trained.
Please note that there is no need to register for this drop-in event.