Over the one year period you will study a range of different units:
1. Public Service Skills
2. Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
3. Career Planning for the Public Services
4. Improving Health and Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Public Services
5. Sport and Recreation in the Public Services
6. Land Navigation by Map and Compass
7. Crime and its Effects on Society
This is an academic one year course that will provide students with the working knowledge of a variety of public services and inform them of the employment opportunities available. It will be of particular interest to individuals who wish to enter and pursue a career in the Police Service, the Fire & Rescue Service, the Ambulance Service, the Armed Forces, Prison and Security Services or HM Customs and Excise.
This course allows students to develop academic and personal skills which can better equip learners with progression on to a level 3 course.
Course Skills & Benefits
A requirement of the course is that those who need to will develop English and maths skills.
19+ learners - please contact the Customer Services Team on 0161 886 7070 for course and fee information.