This programme is the quivalent of three A-Levels, but without the added pressure of external exams. This is an exciting alternative to a traditional Level 3 Business and Management programme, providing opportunities for employment in Travel & Tourism, or progression into higher education. It is also ideal for those that may wish to work within the travel and tourism industry who need specific vocational knowledge at this level for employment. Overseas and day visits linked to the curriculum each year. Past desitinations have included Spain, Mallorca, Fuerteventura, Portugal and France. We also have extensive day visits including Blackpool Pleasure Beach, Chester Zoo and the Lake District. Destinations will vary each year.
Students will study a range of topics:
- Investingating the Travel and Tourism Sector
- The Business of Travel and Tourism
- The UK as a Desitination
- Customer Service in Travel and Toursim
- Marketing Travel and Tourism Products and Services
- Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism
- European Destinations
- Long-haul Travel Destinations
- Retail Travel Operations
- Responsible Tourism
- Tour Operations
- Working as a Holiday Representative
- Passenger Trasport for Travel and Tourism
- Uk Visitor Attractions
- Entertainment for Holidaymakers
- Residential Study Visit in Travel and Tourism
Students will also undertake a 2 week industry placement. Previous placements have been at; Premier Inn, Manchester Museum, Holiday Inn Express, Manchester Airport, Travel Agents, Chill Factor and Eurocamp.
This course is also available as a one year option, equivalent to one A-Level. Please ask for details (Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Travel & Tourism).
19+ learners - please contact the Customer Services Team on 0161 886 7070 for course and fee information.
The estimated costs associated with the course are £550. This payment will contribute towards the overseas visits and day visits programme. Financial support may be available for students experiencing financial difficulties.