Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools consists of:
EDEXCEL Level 3 Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools(QCF) - 501/1208/9
The aim of this qualification is to contribute to the skills, knowledge and overall performance of school support staff. It provides an insight into the principles of care and legislation of the educational sector and will aid career development.
This QCF competence-based qualification is designed for those people who:
* are involved in working under the direction of teachers as their primary work activity
* are seeking a career in working with children and young people in schools and wish to take the first seps towards a professional qualification
* wish to gain recognition of their skills and experience in a school environment
The QCF structure allows for learners to add credits to their studies to build their competence and skill level.
All partners involved in the implementation of the Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools must adhere to their statuory responsibilities for health and safety.Please contact course enquiries on 0161 886 7070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Start date: Various
All prospective learners will undertake an informal interview and complete a skills scan & initial assessment.
Successful students may progress to a higher level.
Competence based assessment by portfolio.
The qualification consists of a minimum of 44 credits.
These are drawn from 32 mandatory credits and a minimum of 12 credits from the optional units.
Unit selection: Mandatory:
* Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
* Develop Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults.
* Engage in Personal Development in Health Social Care or Children's and Young
* Promote Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour.
* Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young people.
* Schools as Organisations
* Support Assessment for Learning
* Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
* Support Learning Activities
* Understand Child and Young Person Develoment
* Understand how to Safeguard theWell Being of Children and Young people.
Optional units will be chosen in discussion with your Assessor to ensure the assessment criteria can be achieved.
The course fees for academic year 19/20 are £2200.00