The course is modular with units covering the specialised areas.
- Establish and develop positive working relationships in hospitality
- Maintain health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, biscuits, sponges and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, process and finish chocolate products
- Prepare and cook complex hot desserts
- Prepare and cook complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts
The programme is for students who have completed NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or who have equivalent pastry experience and now wish to specialise and advance their skills in this area.
To prepare you for a higher level qualification, employment or university you might be required to study a GCSE qualification in maths and English.
Course Skills & Benefits
There are 4 well equipped industry standard kitchens for training purposes and a demonstration theatre kitchen for presentations and theory workshops.
Industrial and educational visits are also included in this study programme.
All students need to complete an extended work placement as part of their study programme.
On successful completion you will achieve NVQ Level 3 Food Preparation and Cooking in Pastry and Confectionery.
19+ learners - please contact the Customer Services Team on 0161 886 7070 for course and fee information.
A chef’s uniform, footwear and specialist equipment must be purchased by all students. You will need to undertake an extended work experience placement as part of your study programme.