Who is the programme for?
Students who have completed a Level 2 catering course, who have industrial experience or other equivalent qualifications.
Students will be required to demonstrate practical skills both in the larder and finishing kitchens. During these practical sessions, students' skills will be observed and assessed in advanced culinary techniques.
What does the programme include?
- Establish and develop positive working relationships in hospitality
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare fish for complex dishes
- Prepare meat for complex dishes
- Prepare poultry for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Cook and finish complex poultry dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
Trafford College's award winning Aspire Restaurant has been nationally recognised by the AA and is open to the public for lunch and dinner and offers a realistic working environment.
To prepare you for a higher level qualification, employment or university you might be required to study a GCSE qualification in maths and English.
The programme is for students who have completed NVQ Level 2 Food Preparation and Cooking or who have equivalent pastry experience and now wish to specialise and advance their skills in this area.
Examining body - City and Guilds
19+ learners - please contact the Customer Services Team on 0161 886 7070 for course and fee information.
You will need to provide your own chef’s uniform. You will need to undertake an extended work experience placement as part of your study programme.