Who is the programme for?
Students who have completed a Level 2 catering course, who have industrial experience or other equivalent qualifications.
What is the programme structure?
Students will be required to demonstrate practical skills both in larder and finishing kitchens. During these practical sessions, students' skills will be observed and assessed in advanced culinary techniques.
What does the programme include?
During the time within the hospitality section, students will have the option to gain a hygiene certificate and practical, hands-on experience in a busy larder and production kitchen. Work experience placement (extensive)
- Establish and develop positive working relationships in hospitality
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare fish for complex dishes
- Prepare meat for complex dishes
- Prepare poultry for complex dishes
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Cook and finish complete meat dishes
- Cook and finish complete poultry dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish dressings and cold sauces
Are there any special facilities for the programme?
Aspire Restaurant Bar and Cafe Retreat are open to the public and offer realistic working environments. There are five specialist kitchens for training purposes and a demonstration theatre kitchen for presentations and theory workshops. A well stocked library and computer workshop can be accessed by all students.
What award will I achieve?
Diploma Level 3 Professional Chef
Functional Skills Requirement
To prepare you for a higher level course, employment or university you may be required to achieve a key skill qualification in maths and English equivalent to a level 2. Will attend GCSE maths and English.You will need to provide your own chef’s uniform and knives.. Start date: 02/09/2019