Students learn through a combination of real life working environments, theory classes and skills classes.
- Health, safety and security
- Effective teamwork
- Maintain food safety, storing, preparing and cooking food
- Prepare fish for basic dishes
- Prepare meat for basic dishes
- Prepare poultry for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic fish dishes
- Cook and finish basic meat dishes
- Cook and finish basic poultry dishes
- Cook and finish basic vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish basic hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish basic soups
- Make basic stock
- Preparation and cooking of bread and dough products
Functional Skills requirement;
To prepare you for a higher level course, employment or university, you may be required to achieve a functional skills qualification in English and maths or English and maths at GCSE level. These qualifications will be studied at the appropriate level for your personal development/progression needs.
All students need to complete a work placement
Will there be any extra costs involved?
Students are required to purchase uniform and knives (if not previously purchased at Level 1) and a recommended text book.
Please contact :- 0161 952 4679
. Start date: 02/09/2019