Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce consists of:
* EDEXCEL Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce - 500/9940/1
The aim of this qualification is to contribute to the skills, knowledge and overall performance of Childcare workers. It provides an insight into principles of care and legislation of the Childcare sector and will aid career development.
This QCF competence-based qualification is designed for those people who:
* are involved in Childcare as their primary work activity
* are seeking a career in Childcare and wish to take the first steps towards professional qualifications
* wish to gain recognition of their skills and experience in the Childcare sector
The QCF structure allows for learners to add credits to their studies to build their competence and skill level.
All partners involved in the implementation of the Children and Young People's Workforce must adhere to their statutory responsibilities for health and safety.Contact Margaret Carlile Children and Young People's Workforce co-ordinator 0161 886 7008. Email contact: email@example.com. Start date: Various
All prospective learners will undertake an informal interview and complete a skills scan and initial assessment.
Successful students may progress to a Level 3 if requirements are met.
Competence based assessment by portfolio
The qualification consists of a minimum of 35 credits.
These are drawn from 31 mandatory credits and a minimum of 4 credits from the optional.
Unit selection: Mandatory:
* Contribute to the Support of Child and Young Person Development.
* Contribute to Children and Young People's Health and Safety.
* Contribute to the Support of Positive Environments for Children and Young People.
* Understand Partnerships Working in Services for Children and Young People.
* Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings.
* Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health Social Care or Children's and
Young people's settings.
* Child and Young Person's Development.
* Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People.
* Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People.
* Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour.
Optional units will be chosen in discussion with your Assessor to ensure the assessment criteria can be achieved.
The course fees for academic year 19/20 are £915.00