What will the course include?
A BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Horse Management (Subsidiary Diploma in year 1, converting to a Level 3 Diploma in year 2). This will include the studying of units such as:
- Understanding and Promoting Animal Health
- Select, Fit and Evaluate Horse Tack and Equipment
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Prepare Horses for Presentation
- Undertake Stable and Yard Management
- Understand the Principles of Horse Behaviour and Welfare
- Riding and Exercising Horses
BHS Horse Knowledge, Care and Riding Stage 1 (in year 1) and Stage 2 (in year 2). These are essential and highly valued industry specific qualifications which are a component part of the British Horse Society Assistant Instructor Certificate (the benchmark for employers).
Extensive hands- on work experience at Carrington Riding Centre.
The course is based at Carrington Riding Centre.
What are the costs?
There is a branded course uniform which will need to be worn at the Riding Centre and the cost for this will be approximately £70 payable at enrolment/induction.
All students experiencing financial difficulty can apply to the Learner Support Fund.
Register your interest with Carrington Riding Centre (phone: 0161 969 5853, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org), stating the course title and provide your personal details. We will get in touch to arrange an interview.. Start date: 02/09/2019