The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introductory teaching qualification that has been developed to give learners the opportunity to:
• develop knowledge related to teaching and learning
• develop skills in teaching and learning
• achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
• develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and learning
Achieving the Level 3 Award in Education and Training will provide the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare, plan, deliver and evaluate basic teaching and learning sessions in a variety of teaching or training contexts.
To achieve the qualification, learners must complete a core unit and a choice of optional Level 3 units to reach a total of 12 credits.
This introductory, knowledge-based teaching qualification has no teaching practice requirement. Therefore, it may be undertaken by individuals who are not in a teaching role. However, there is a minimum requirement to take part in micro–teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
• individuals not currently teaching or training
• individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun
or are about to begin
• individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification
• providing an introduction to teaching
• You will need at least a further 3 - 5 hours a week for studying and research
• You will be required to have access to the internet, and a basic knowledge of producing word documents.
Contact 0161 886 7092
. Start date: 15/01/2020 . Start time: 18:30