Over the one year period you will study a range of different units:
1. Public Service Skills
2. Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
3. Career Planning for the Public Services
4. Improving Health and Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Public Services
5. Sport and Recreation in the Public Services
6. Land Navigation by Map and Compass
7. Crime and its Effects on Society
This is an academic one year course that will provide students with the working knowledge of a variety of public services and inform them of the employment opportunities available. It will be of particular interest to individuals who wish to enter and pursue a career in the Police Service, the Fire & Rescue Service, the Ambulance Service, the Armed Forces, Prison and Security Services or HM Customer and Excise.
This course allows students to develop academic and personal skills which can better equip learners with progression on to a level 3 course.
Students on this course may have the opportunity to complete the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Scheme at Bronze, Silver or Gold depending on your study programme.Please contact 0161 952 4734 or email Damian.Harris@trafford.ac.uk. Start date: 02/09/2019