About Trafford College
The Trafford College Community Partnership brings together a range of local organisations who work collectively together to enhance our college offer to our students.
Colleges are often referred to as “anchor institutions” within the local community. We believe that it is essential to work with our local partners to provide the education provision that our communities require whilst reaffirming connections that create opportunities for our students. By joining with our partners, we can provide a more holistic experience that addresses all areas of our students’ educational, personal and social development needs.
This partnership therefore provides inclusive support for student challenges, it provides opportunities for student led social action and response to civic duty; in addition to offering creative opportunities for work experience as well as complementary educational activities.
This model of working is needed now more than ever before. The Community Partnership has been an integral part of the College’s response to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and continues to enable much needed support for our students and their families. The partnership is also an essential part of the College’s wider strategy around community cohesion and inclusion, and will ensure that we remain an institution rooted in the needs and interests of the localities we serve.
For more information contact Michelle McLaughlin, Student Engagement & Learner Voice Lead on 0161 296 5622 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kate Green MP
- Greater Manchester Police – Neighbourhood crime prevention.
- Trafford Council – Supporting borough needs.
- NHS Foundation Trust – Sexual health and advice
- Early Break – Substance abuse prevention
- The Samaritans – Health and wellbeing support
- Loudspeaker – Citizenship and social enterprise – make your voice heard
- Kooth – Mental health support for young people
- Muslim Arts and Culture Festival – Celebrating culture and diversity
- Altrincham Community Media – Creating youth opportunities
- Nationwide Building Society – Financial resilience and awareness/youth opportunities
- Trafford Domestic Abuse Service (TDAS) – Supporting healthy relationships
- University Academy 92 – Progression opportunities
- Parliamentary Outreach (North West) – Promoting British Values
- Remembering Srebrenica (Charity) – Supporting community cohesion
- Counselling and Family Centre – Counselling and mental health services for adults, children and young people
- Proud Trust – LGBTQ social and support
- Ugandaid (Charity) and Nile Vocational Institute – International skills sharing
- Trafford Young Carers – Information and advice for young carers
- Healthwatch (Youthwatch) – youth opportunities and youth voice.
- Seashell Trust – Inclusion and diversity
- Curious Minds – Creative opportunities
- 42nd Street – Promoting emotional wellbeing and resilience
- DePaul Charity – Homelessness prevention